5 Ways I am Different Now
1. I'm Confident. I was not a confident person back then. I went through some crap in high school and the early college years that sucked all the confidence right out of me. It's taken a long time to build that back up.
2. I'm Grateful. Not that I was particuarly ungrateful before but I just don't take things for granted anymore because I know how fast it can be ripped away.
3. I'm Cautious. I don't trust as easily as I once did. I'm more inclined to be wary of new people and situations until I'm sure of them.
4. I'm Content. I can look back now and see how I was always reaching for the next big thing. I wasn't content to just be in the moment. I've learned how to do that now and contentment is a much happier place to be.
5. I'm Strong. By strong I mean I am mentally strong. I have an inner toughness that came from living through some hard times. It's a tried and true strength that have served me well.
5 Ways I am Still the Same
1. I'm Sarcastic. I guess that's a personality quirk that just never goes away. I am probably one of the most sarcastic people you'd ever meet. I have a quip for everything. It's charming, I know.
2. I'm a Planner. I've always been a planner and I guess I'll always be one. I am not a spontaneous, throw the plan out the window, kind of a person. The mere thought gives me hives.
3. I'm Optimistic. I'm still a half-glass-full person. I can see the silver lining in just about any situation and I try to never be a Debbie Downer.
4. I'm a Night Owl. I used to drive my mother insane with my late hours. She could never understand why I couldn't go to sleep until 2am just to be up at 6am for soccer practice. I am just a born Night Owl.
5. I'm Socially Awkward. This is the one trait I wish I had outgrown but no such luck. I'm as socially awkward now as I was back then. I've just learned to laugh at myself now where as before I would get so embarrassed.
How are you different or the same as you were 15 years ago?
Monday Listicles and Top Ten Tuesday.