Delilah's Comfort Food Group
1. Frozen M&M's- they have to be frozen. Regular, unfrozen, M&M's just don't do it for me. I know, I'm strange.
2. Five Guys Cheeseburger- no other cheeseburger will do for my comfort food.
3. Double Stuff Oreos- dipped in milk, of course.
4. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream- the green kind, not the white kind. I'm picky.
5. Wendy's French Fries- I used to go for McD's but now I go straight for Wendy's.
6. NY Style cheese pizza- the greasier the better, of course.
7. Salt Water Taffy- it reminds me of my childhood. We went to the beach every year and my mom always bought me a ton of salt water taffy.
8. Cajun Pistachios- my grandfather used to eat these by the bag full and for some reason they just bring me comfort when I'm upset.
9. Alfredo Mushroom Pasta- in high school I was a waitress in an Italian restaurant. I ate alfredo mushroom pasta every day for a year.
10. Loaded Baked Potato Skins- I love the TGI Friday's kind. I don't know why these make me happy but they do.
Looking at that list I'm amazed that I don't weigh 200 pounds. I do attempt to minimize the indulgence in said comfort foods in an effort to not weigh 200 pounds but hey- comfort food is better than being a raging alcoholic, right? That's how I justify it anyway. Ha! I keep some of these yummies on hand, hidden in the top recesses of the pantry, for emergency meltdowns. Matt just rolls his eyes and sighs one of those sighs that you know means they want to say something but they don't want to die. You married gals know the sigh I'm talking about. You'd think after 17 years together he would have a firm grasp on my food issues but the man doesn't get it. I tell him it's not his fault that he's simple. snort.
Sharing my food issues with Monday Listicles.